Tuesday, September 29, 2009

pictures!

Here are the belly pictures we've taken so far. I didn't really start popping until week 12, but it wasn't that much. Enjoy! :)
13 weeks
14 weeks
15 weeks, 3 days
16 weeks, 1 day

On week 16, I went in to have some blood drawn for another test (another "screening," not a diagnosis). This one is the "AFP" test (alpha-fetoprotein), and can be used to test more for Down's syndrome. But what they tested for me were neural tube defects, like spina bifida. I haven't had it explained, but the results I received say it's "negative for open NTD" (neural tube defect?), and the "MSAFP risk open NTD" (Maternal serum AFP) is<1>

My next appt is October 13, and the next (big!) ultrasound is just after 20 weeks, on Oct 26. Stay tuned - this will be the last ultrasound!

No comments:

Post a Comment