Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Could it be any more of a run-around?

After talking to a close friend who had gone through something similar (and is just as impatient and eager as I am - her words, not mine!), I decided to take a home pregnancy test on Friday, July 3 (Day 30, and rather early by doctor's preferences - they want you to wait until Day 35 of your cycle). It was POSITIVE! If finally worked!! And this was when it started to get interesting... :)


I called the nurse I'd been working with at the UW and she said to take another home pregnancy test on today (Day 35), as a confirmation. The first test may have been a false positive, since taking Clomid can do that. I was a little concerned, and I talked to my friend again, and she said she hadn't heard of anyone else getting a false positive (it was almost a full 2 weeks after ovulation, so I was fairly confident. But, I always get nervous hearing something like that from a nurse...)

So I took another test on Wednesday (also our anniversary), and it, too, was positive. What a present to us! I called member services at our HMO to see what the process is - who I see, when, etc. She said the first thing I need to do is go to a lab and provide a urine sample for testing, and that will "trigger" a phone call from a nurse who will then tell me what to do. I asked if I can see a doctor from the UW, and she said no - I need to see the OB coordinator at our HMO, and then she will assign me to a doctor there...but she is out until July 20! Surely, I thought, I could talk to this person's back up - but apparently she's the only one who can do that...doesn't make much sense that she could be the only person, and then take two weeks off! I can't even reserve the first available appointment with the OB Coordinator until they see a positive result in their system. How frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment