Some sites say the baby is the size of a lime or a plum (measured from head to rump). either way...WE'RE AT 12 WEEKS - which means 2nd trimester (and a new set of cravings)!!


Most of the first trimester, all I (well, the baby) wanted was mexican - and mostly burritos from Chipotle/Qdoba, etc. :) Now, all the baby wants is sweet stuff...lots of fruit (thank goodness), and chocolate :) It was really like a switch!
I also may be starting to show. So, we'll have to take a picture soon. I was wondering when it was going to happen... :) My pants have been tight for a while, but I have also been way tired to even think about exercising. At least I haven't gained extra weight! I've slowly started to add stretchy pants into my wardrobe, because I don't want to get too used to them :)
I scheduled an ultrasound for genetic testing next week, mainly to check on odds for Down Syndrome. Odds are already low, since being over age 35 increases odds by a lot. But...it's covered AND another chance to see the baby :) I also have an appointment with the physical therapist. I usually like the PT, since they give me exercises to help strengthen my back/abs. Hopefully I'll be able to strengthen them enough that I won't have too bad (or too much of an increase) of back problems closer to the end of the pregnancy.
We've also started Wrigley on some intense training...hoping to show her she is not the boss of the house for much longer. She is showing resistance, being the diva she is :) She tends to sass back quite a bit, which would be a bit funnier if she didn't do it so often.
Stay tuned, unless any crazy cravings pop up :)

No comments:
Post a Comment