Friday, November 13, 2009

Hello Mr. Braxton

I had another doctor's appointment today (#4, I think). She confirmed that I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions (already!) for a couple days. Mostly when I'm getting up from sitting after a while. no pain, though, so that's good...and normal.

The doctor also said the baby was "perfect," but we already knew that ;) She had to get out the tape measure this week because the baby grew so much! But, it's right on schedule, at 23 inches from the pelvis to the top of the uterus (fundus). The heartbeat was good, too, in the 150s. This appointment was fun, because when she was listening with the dopplar, the baby started to move lots and kick/jab to get the noise and pokes away! The most movement i've felt so far. The doc said that next appointment (in Dec) I'll "get to" take the wonderful glucose test. For those who don't know, this consists of drinking a sugary goop and then taking a blood test an hour later to see how i handled the sugar.

When I got home the baby was moving a lot, and we're pretty sure Steve even felt it! How exciting! Time to start planning the last couple's trip before the baby comes :) More on that later!

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to choose the orange or clear? I've had both and I don't think one is really better than the other, so have fun with that! :) And after Christmas you will be going to see the doc every two weeks, right? Oh my goodness! Time is coming really fast!

    ReplyDelete