Friday, March 19, 2010

almost there!

Today i had my last appointment! Ready or not, the baby will be here in the next few days.

Today we had a non-stress test before the appt and I had my OJ ready to drink. The baby did really well, and we had a very good "reactive" test. The base heartline was around 130, and we needed to go up to 145 or higher for 15 seconds, and at least twice in 20 minutes. The 2 times was definitely surpassed.

The urine test, however, had some protein so I had to have a blood test after the appt. I already got the results back, and they all look okay.

The doc decided to strip my membranes today to help move things along, and see if we can get the baby to come out on its own vs. induction. Today when she measured, I moved up to almost 5 cm. Still about 90% effaced, but we're progressing. Nonetheless, if the baby is still comfy on Sunday, we'll be going to the hospital for good - induction is scheduled for 11:30am!

I also decided to try a new recipe recommended by a friend - she got it from her birthing class instructor. This eggplant parmesan recipe is supposedly magic - any prego who went and ate it went into labor within the next 48 hours. So, I decided to try some for lunch. It's good too, because we can have it for supper (meat free!). Two servings should help the baby along, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment